- For purposes of this Agreement, “service” refers to JVL’s service which can be accessed via our website at [Company URL] [or through our mobile application] in which users can purchase products or services. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of service.
- Contacting us: You may contact us at any time for details regarding this policy. For any questions concerning your account or your personal information or cookies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection of Information:
- We collect “Non-Personal Information / statistical data” and “Personal Information / Personal data.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes only your email, which you submit to us through the registration process at the Site.
- We collect personal information which you provide to us including your name, address, postal address, email address, details of the products you have purchased, any additional information you provide to use through use of our website, customer number and telephone number.
- This information is collected in a number of ways including through the account creation process, online forms, order placement, when you interact with our customer service or participate in marketing or surveys. We also collect information when you chose to make comments, account settings, preferences, ratings and so on.
- We may also collect data from other sources which may not always be obvious such as through the use of “cookies”. We may also gather information from both online and offline data providers. This information could include internet browsing behavior, demographic data or interest based data.
- Where you provide us information about a third party, you must have the consent of that third party before providing us with that information. By providing us with information regarding a third party you warrant that you have their permission to provide that information to us.
- We do not collect and we are not responsible for the collection or security of payment details.
- Why do we collect this information?
- The personal information you provide will be used to ensure Products are delivered to you and to provide offers, information and our Products to you. We also use this information to improve and enhance our services and marketing efforts.
- You have the right to inspect your personal information. You always have the right to request that we delete or correct the information held about you. If you wish to alter, access or remove or complain about breaches of the PP please contact us on email@example.com.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. We may also collect data regarding device IDs or identifiers, connection information, device software, statistics of page views, ad data, referral URLs and IP data.
- We use this data to determine your general geographic location so that we may provide location specific content to you.
- We may use your information to assist in responding to complaints and enquiries.
- We may also investigate any possible breach of our Conditions including fraud or illegal activities, with the use of your personal information.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary purpose such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may share your information with companies and employees within the JVL group including but not limited to the use for customer support, service improvement, development, processing, storage or providing access to our Products.
- We may disclose personal information collected for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our Products to you.
- We use other companies, contractors or agents to provide services to you including delivery, marketing, communications, legal services, debt collection, administration services, customer services, information technology providers, credit card or other payment methods to conduct transactions. The third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located within or outside South Africa.
- How we protect information
- We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
- Third Party Payment Gateway
- Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify data storage, databases and the general Shopify application.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then shopify stores your credit card data. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. JVL will not be held liable for any negligence and/ or malicious actions on the part of the payment gateway system and if any such negligence and/ or malicious actions should occur, you will have to communicate same to the payment gateway directly.
- Third-Party Services
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located all over the world on foreign servers. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- Third Party Websites
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements and terms and conditions prior to finalizing any transaction.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is a hundred percent secure, we follow all necessary requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- We will use our best endeavors to ensure the safety of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that our systems will not be compromised or interfered with by any third party. You acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information, you do so at your own risk.
- A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer that contains information that helps the website to identify and track the visitor. Cookies do no harm to your computer, consist only of text, cannot contain viruses and occupies virtually no space on your hard drive. There are two types of cookies: “Session Cookies” and cookies that are saved permanently on your computer.
- The first type of cookie commonly used is “Session Cookies”. During the time you visit the website, our web server assigns your browser a unique identifier string so as not to confuse you with other visitors. A “Session Cookie” is never stored permanently on your computer and disappears when you close your browser. To use this site without troubles you need to have cookies enabled.
- The second type of cookie saves a file permanently on your computer. This type of cookie is used to track how visitors move around on the website. This is only used to offer visitors better services and support. The text files can be deleted. On this website we use this type of cookie to keep track of your shopping cart and to keep statistics of our visitors. The information stored on your computer is only a unique number, without any connection to personal information.
- To opt-out of cookies, you can alter the settings on your internet browser to accept or reject a website from using cookies. This may effect functionality of the website.
- JVL has implemented re-marketing, google display, network impression reporting, double-click campaign manager integration, and google analytics demographic and interests reporting. Using the Ads Settings in google you may opt-out of google analytics for display advertising and customize google display network ads.
- JVL reserves the right to use re-marketing with google analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show you our ads on sites across the internet. JVL and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double-click cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on users past visits to our website.
- JVL and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the Double-click cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this site. JVL collects data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- Questions and Contact Information
- If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com.
- Health tracking
- JVL may track the following PHR (Personal Health Record) Data; heart rate, steps taken, calories and distance. For clarification PHR data is web-based Personal Health Record information. This data is passed through to our head office for the purpose of providing real time metric feedback to the user about their workouts, general well-being and training program.
The data that we collect is classified as Personal Data and Statistical Data.
For Clarification purposes;
- Personal Data is any PHR Data that connects to you as an individual such as names, health conditions, and other identifiers.
- Statistical Data is PHR Data that is 1) grouped so it does not connect to you as an individual and 2) has names and other identifiers removed or altered.
We DO NOT release this data to any person, company or other entity for any reason, including but not limited to;
- Marketing and Advertising
- Medical and pharmaceutical research
- Reporting about our company and or customer activity
- Your insurer and employer
- Developing software applications
We do require Agreements that restrict what third parties can do with your Personal Data. These agreements are legally binding agreements that prohibit certain third parties, which are not the PHR company’s service providers, from releasing your Personal Data or re-identifying individuals. Third parties can include advertisers, researchers, and others who receive PHR Data.
Your Personal Data is only collected by us from your direct use with the JVL website and app, and if you granted our app and online store permission.
We have security measures that are reasonable and appropriate to protect personal information, such as PHR Data, in any form, from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
For any clarification around our use, collection, or storage of this data, or if you wish to stop sharing your data, please email our friendly team through firstname.lastname@example.org.